The 'holy' affair.

The Modhera Sun Temple lies a hundred kilometres from the city of Ahmedabad, Gujarat. An early morning bike ride to this place made it even more memorable when myself and two of my friends decided to visit on one cold winter morning. Initially the bike ride started off fine but eventually, my feet and hands started freezing in spite of the sun starting to come out. Leaving at 5.30-6 in the morning turned out to be an idea I started to regret but had no choice because I knew that I wasn't going to visit this place alone and otherwise anyway. Also, going later in the day meant facing the sun and the heat and nothing really beats an early morning bike ride with a 'chai break' in between. The Sun Temple - dedicated to the Sun God, the Kund (or the pond) attracted the most number of people. A flight of steps leading down into a pond where one can sit and look at other people taking selfies or introspecting or pondering over life fascinated me. I could have been doing the same but for me, this wasn't really the place. For me, it was about taking my polaroid shot as perfectly as possible. Something that really amused me the most was that in spite of being known as a Temple, the place also has footfalls of couples coming over for pre-wedding photoshoots, where they are loaded with dresses, footwear and makeup. That leaves me wondering where do they change and why such a 'holy' affair?




Sun Temple | Modhera | Kund






Comments

Popular Posts