Pink balloon-friend.






There are times when you need people around you. Maybe you are going through a tough phase or maybe you are just selfish because your immediate friends are away from you. For me, it was both these reasons. These people have been my friends but were not a part of my immediate circle, especially not the one for whose birthday these balloons were blown. I disliked the person as much as I disliked balloons, or maybe I dislike balloons more. But it was her birthday and since she was a friend of the people I was friends with, she also became a part of the group. To be more precise, I was in need of people so I became a part of their group. We decided to celebrate this person's bday in our hostel room filled with balloons. We cut the cake, stayed up all night talking and went to sleep early morning. Next day we went for lunch and then as we were deciding dinner, this woman tells me that I am not a part of the dinner plans. Hurtful, yes! Angry, why not! That day onwards I decided not to go an extra mile to celebrate birthdays, especially when I disliked somebody. Now every time I look at this photograph I am reminded of this incident and that persons face which clearly resembled a blown pink balloon. Maybe this is why her friends chose these balloons in the first place.

Comments

Popular Posts