Awkward attar.


I find it funny when some very old  friendships reoccur but they still feel awkward. 

The trip to Udaipur with two of my only still in touch school friends was my first such one and I honestly don't expect any such more. It was awkward for sure. The vibes were funny too at times because of unexpected habits. Like out of the three of us Line woke up at 6 and started getting ready and until 7-7.30 she was still getting ready. Which gave me another one hour of sleep or TV because it wasn't until 8.30 that Ini got ready. I needed hardly half an hour and until I got ready breakfast had arrived . I still have another half an hour now to eat and watch TV as the other two figure out travel. It was all very cozy and comfortable for me. Until day 3, a few hours after this picture was taken. Until 8 pm. 

Me and Line decided to try out attar as the finale of our shopping . By that time Ini had assumed I was pissed with her. I wasn't . Pissed. With her. I was just a little tired. And I didn't like anyone telling me things  specifically. But I knew her since years and I knew this habit of hers. After a certain while I started getting impatient and this came out as arrogance. I let it go, stayed a bit away, made a few phone calls, ignored buying attar until Line mentioned trying it. I agreed and we both went into a cozy little attar shop. Ini was going to stay out because she couldn't bear the smell of perfumes. We took a while until Ini started getting really impatient, purchased what we had to  and left to the hotel (I got attar that actually smells of wet soil or geeli mitti!!). By this time, Ini was in a terrible mood and one could definitely now feel the heated vibes. We reached the room, Ini freshened and left the room. She was standing a little away from the door. I too changed, had a word with Line and agreed to talk to Ini regarding the assumption she had about me. I thought of doing something I would never do to a person and did exactly that with Ini. I went to hug her and ask what happened to her, did I do something. But before I could, and I had just spread my hands to hug that she pushed me away without even touching me. My heart shattered into a hundred pieces. I just went back and told Line it's no use. I couldn't even bring myself to cry because it was that hurtful. 

After a while we all went to have dinner on our hotels roof top restaurant. We ordered, had our meals, I had a beer. We settled the bills. Chatted. Made jokes. After more than an hour and a half, we headed back to our rooms. We were satisfied we could spend some more time with each other in the same space for at least another day now. 

We reached our rooms. The rest two were yet to finish their night routine of oils and creams before they sleep. It was 11.30 pm. It was time for my beauty sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts