History of love(rs).



Love. 
A word with many meanings, the butterflies in the stomach, the state of fragrance, the blooming flowers, the rationale killer, an addiction, the cravings, the fixes, the Simba love, the bikes, chai's, the cheeseburgers, the favorite song, the favorite dress, the falling in love with love itself and whatnot. It sounds like a movie with everything and everyone in it. But definitely not a savior saving us from our misery as the hopeless romantics we all want it to be. 

Maybe it is just a biochemical response to a new stimulus.

...

My history of lovers and Goa is fascinating. Some I never took ahead because I was already with someone else while one of them just wanted to stay away from me. Looking back probably I was being a creep. But all of them even the ones that came after Goa know about me having stayed and experienced Goa, not as a tourist but as a temporary resident. Some were in awe, some were fantasized, some called me brave while one asked me about Kings Beer - the cheapest selling Beer in Goa. I remembered how much I hated Beer and just because I and a friend were sitting at a sea-view restaurant with sunglasses on, I tried Kings Beer. He agreed that he cannot imagine living without food delivery or cab service. I told him what I told everyone else, how the cheap lifestyle was good but the weather terrible. I looked back to the reminiscences of the experiences in Goa. It made me do things out of love. Love for my work, my desire to work with Museums; Love for a person, making me realize what kind of a lifestyle I would want. All of it might not be true, probably in bits and pieces. That kind of love that it hurt when I had to leave and move on to begin a life for myself from the experiences I have gathered.

Maybe Goa was my biochemical response to a new stimulus.


Paragraph on Love - written by Ajinkya Binwade.

Comments

Popular Posts